The Drone Council will stimulate public education and creating excitement about the drone economy amongst youth, decision-makers across generation mix.
As per the World Bank call, South Africa will have to be forward-thinking and bold. In the catching up game, the Drone Council will advocate for all role-players to help the country achieve the following three-year targets:
- SA Drone Economy should formally have a country strategy to claim at least 5% market share of the global drone economy.
- Institutionalise a catch-up action plan between government, regulators and drone business. Further institutionalising a dynamic drone business council to help industry to self-regulate, register and monitor.
- Focus on the parts of the value chain that are applicable in Africa as well as projecting a global commercial appeal.
- Enable the industry to grow on a commercial level platform, by removing the perception that regulators are every drone operators’ competitor.
- By increasing investment into human capital in the drone industry. to operate drones and innovate new drone related services.
- Fast-track and increase investment in innovation, research and development in the drone sector.